Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue is a nonprofit organization completely operated by unpaid volunteers and funded entirely through donations. Our goal is to find a suitable forever home for every animal we rescue. Many of our animals are adopted through our network of rescue groups in other states, however, we also coordinate local adoptions. There is an adoption "team" and policies that are approved by the board to handle local adoptions.
Our goal will always be on making sure our rescues are adopted into a home that is best suited for the animal. Charlie’s Angels will give the adopter every opportunity to select the animal they want. However, if the adopter wants a certain dog/cat and the adoption team does not believe it to be a good match, we will try to steer the adopter to other dogs/cats that are more suitable to the particular situation. We are committed to making a good match for the adopter and the dog/cat. Although we are flexible, we may refuse to place specific dogs/cats in certain homes because we know the dog/cat would not work out and that wouldn’t be fair to the dog/cat.
Charlie’s Angels will not knowingly adopt any animal:
- To individuals with a history of animal abuse, neglect or abandonment
- To homes where current pets are not spayed or neutered, not on flea and heartworm prevention or not up to date on all required vaccinations
- To be used for breeding
- To be used for experimentation
- To be slaughtered for food or to breed animals for slaughter
- To be used as an attack guard dog
- To be turned over to a person who has been refused an adoption
- To be given to another person who is unaware of the adoption
- To a residence where pets are not allowed
- To an individual who is not considered an adult
- To a home where the animal is going to be chained
- To a home where all family members are not in favor of the adoption
- To a home with dogs that are living outside full time.
Charlie’s Angels adopts animals to self-sufficient adults who demonstrate that they are responsible persons and can give adequate assurances that they intend to provide proper care for an animal’s entire life (15-20 years). All adopters must have a vet or have selected one to use for their new pet. Proper care includes the following:
- Proper diet and fresh water
- Safe, comfortable shelter from the elements and potential dangers
- Routine and emergency veterinary care
- Proper identification on pets and complying with local animal laws
- Adequate training and supervision
- Daily exercise and companionship
- Flea and tick preventative, heartworm preventative, and all required vaccinations, must be up to date at the time of application.
- Animals already in the home should be spayed or neutered. Spay and neuter surgery for adopted pet will be done at an appropriate age if not already performed prior to adoption
Charlie’s Angels prefers a fenced yard for our adoptees, but fences are not mandated in all cases. However, in specific situations, certain dogs may require a fenced yard. Charlie’s Angels does not prohibit the use of invisible fences, but discourages their use when the owner is not at home.
Fees: Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue charges an adoption fee of $150.00 for dogs and $50.00 for cats. The fee is non-refundable after the follow-up visit that makes the adoption final. A follow-up visit will be made to the adopting family 2 weeks after an adoption is completed. Any failure of the family to follow the adoption agreement made with Charlie’s Angels can result in the adoption being voided and the pet being returned to the organization.